Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change my WEP key password?

Just curious if it's possible to add a personalized WEP key for my wireless router. I have changed the network name, but would like to have an easier to remember password for my WEP. Is this even possible to do, and if so, how do I do it? I have an HP Pavilion running Windows Vista and a 2Wire router.

ThanksHow do I change my WEP key password?
hi

it is very simple



on your pc/laptop

start%26gt;run%26gt;type cmd %26gt; ipconfig%26gt;note the gateway ip address .

it will be something like 192.168.xx.xx



xx.xx are the numbers we need .once you get those



open internet explorer : in address where you type www.xxxxxxx.com



type http://192.168.xx.xx xx.xx are the numbers which you got from above



it will ask you username and password refer your 2wire router manual for the password or google it .



once you entered the router configuration page check for wireless settings and at the bottom of the page you will see encryption or password or wep key



there you can see your key and you can change it to anything you want toHow do I change my WEP key password?
it depends on the wireless sccess point mine is zoom by virgin media and it told mw what to do in the guide book so chack that. hope it helps !How do I change my WEP key password?
You just need to log back into your router and find the setting to change it. Should be able to find it somewhere near the same place as where you changed the name. Also you should be using WPA instead of wep.