Thursday, June 2, 2011

Accessing Hidden SSID in Windows Vista... Please help!?

Does anyone know how to access a hidden SSID (I know the name and key) in Windows Vista?



I just set up a triple boot with XP, Vista, and Ubuntu and both XP and Ubuntu access my network just fine, but no matter what I do in Vista, it wont let me access it.



I've tried typing it in manually, but it tells me %26quot;network already exists%26quot; and gives me 2 options, one to %26quot;choose existing network%26quot; which brings up a list of only visible SSID's (not the one i need) and the other option is something like %26quot;change the network name%26quot;



Or, alternatively is there a good wireless connection manager i can download to us in place of the default manager in Vista that would do the trick?



Thanks in advance!Accessing Hidden SSID in Windows Vista... Please help!?
Log onto the router, set the ssid to show and then connect. You can always turn it back to hidden afterwards, but it is NOT an increase in security, a wireless sniffer can find it.