Thursday, June 2, 2011

When setting up a wireless network, how do I put in a password? Mac?

Hi, as you can see, I have a wireless network but I would like to put in place a password and also I wish to change the name. Any help is greatly appreciated!! : )When setting up a wireless network, how do I put in a password? Mac?
You actually need to set up a password specific to your Mac so that no one else can leech your bandwith.

Use WEP encryption as WPA is easy to hack.



For that you need your MAC address shown here

\http://www-dcn.fnal.gov/DCG-Docs/mac/MAC



For Wifi on OS X go to System prefs%26gt;network%26gt; airport and follow the about instructions.



Wireless basics here

http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/tut



Your login for the router will be admin/adminWhen setting up a wireless network, how do I put in a password? Mac?
Are you asking Mac for help. He's a real asshole sometimes.When setting up a wireless network, how do I put in a password? Mac?
Read the router manual, log into the router with your browser and go to wireless security to set an encryption key. You can change the ssid, and it is best if you also change the user login password in admin.When setting up a wireless network, how do I put in a password? Mac?
Ask your gf.