Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I change the "name" of my laptob?

I'm not talking about the think where you log with xp then click your name to get your stuff to pull up. Like it says wireless network connection 2 (cubgirl) . yea the name is cubgirl. my parents got this for me for xmas last year and I've been wondering if it is possible for me to change it. It was my email address in 5th grade (im a cubs fan) and when I got it last year in 8th grade they still thought that was my emailHow do I change the %26quot;name%26quot; of my laptob?
I'm fairly sure that's the name (SSID) of the actual wireless network that you're connecting to.



To change that, you need to log in to the wireless access point's web interface and change it from there, then you'll have to reconfigure your computer to connect to the wireless network again.



Unless you know a bit about it, I'd advise against it without some experienced supervision / assistance. Try calling your internet service provider :)