Thursday, June 2, 2011

How can I change the name of my wireless network?

It is currently defaulted to %26quot;netgear%26quot; and there are several %26quot;netgears%26quot; in my area so I'd like to make mine more unique. Thanks for your help.How can I change the name of my wireless network?
Follow these instructions.



Step

1

Look in your router's instruction manual to find its internal IP address. The IP address is a series of numbers, broken up by periods. For example, a common IP address is 192.168.0.1.

Step

2

Open an Internet browser window, such as Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Step

3

Type the router's IP address into the address bar and click, %26quot;Enter.%26quot; This will open a web page with your router's control panel.

Step

4

Enter your user information if required. The user name will often default to %26quot;Admin%26quot; and then enter the personal password you set up when you originally created your wireless network.

Step

5

Access the %26quot;Wireless%26quot; link on the page.

Step

6

Enter your new wireless network name in the field labeled %26quot;Wireless Network Name.%26quot; This field is also commonly labeled as %26quot;SS ID%26quot; which stands for %26quot;Service Set Identifier.%26quot; Your new wireless network name will be saved.How can I change the name of my wireless network?
Go into the router settings by using your internet browser. Type in the address bar 192.168.1.1 (if its a linksys or a d-link) and when you get to the router settings page click on the tab that says wireless setup, or something similar (it varries from router to router). Than look for a line that says Broadcast SSID. it should say netgear in it, and when you click on it it should allow you to change the SSID to whatever you want :)How can I change the name of my wireless network?
select it and press F2 now give the new name.



Thanks