Thursday, June 2, 2011

Printer network password? How do I change the privliges of a client computer in a network?

When I try to access files from my host computer (in the network) on the client computer (in the network), it says this:

\\(host computer name) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.



The network name cannot be found.





I'm not sure, but I also think this is why I can't get my client computer to be able to print in the network (printer is connected to the host). I do add printer, and go to the network, let it find the printer, It finds it fine, then I select the printer, click next, then a password pop-up thing comes up. My host doesn't have a password at all XD... how do I fix all this?Printer network password? How do I change the privliges of a client computer in a network?
I'm thinking it's either a DNS problem or that the client computer has lost it's domain password synchronization. Have you tried removing the client computer from the domain and adding it back? The reason your printer is asking for a password is because you cannot log onto the domain for one reason or the other, so it tries to authenticate itself when you connect to it. Obviously, there's no password on the printer, but it's asking for domain authentication. Anyway, your security log on both the server and client will give you extremely good clues as to what's going on. Check unknown Event Id's on eventid.net for additional information on resolving the issues. You can also feel free to write anything you find out here and I'll see if I can answer them.



Hope you resolve this annoying problem,



WGPrinter network password? How do I change the privliges of a client computer in a network?
you have to have the network administrator change it for you...sorry there is no other way and your administrator should be available to you...