Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I change my SSID for my wireless network?

I've been trying to get internet on my itouch but every time i adjust my wireless settings on my laptop, i get internet on my itouch but i can't connect my laptop to the internet.



Anyway, i ended up resetting my router a couple times because i couldn't remember my password. And now my network is a little messed. My wireless networks SSID is d-link which is the name of my router (my router is dlink 1310). when i tried changing the SSID to the name of my wireless network, it reboots itself but then says ''the settings saved on this computer do not match the settings of the network'' or something of the sort and won't let me connect to the network.



Also with my router password every time i try to change the user name from admin to another name, it never does it just stays admin which is really annoying! well if anyone can help me with any of this that would be really great because i'm an idiot! %26gt;_%26lt;How do I change my SSID for my wireless network?
You can just leave the SSID as D-Link, won't hurt a thing...you definitely want to set your own password though. When you do this are you clicking on %26quot;apply%26quot;?



Your itouch and your laptop will recognize whatever SSID you have your router set to.



Now, in your WEP settings in your router, make sure you have the encryption set to 128bit and write down the key...it will be very long (forget how many characters). When your laptop does a scan, it should find your router. Select (highlight) it and then click connect. When the window comes up for the security key, enter the key you wrote down when you set up your router. The itouch should be somewhat similar.



I hope this helps...it's hard to fully describe this type of thing in a few words, or without having the devices here in front of me.



Good luckHow do I change my SSID for my wireless network?
http://192.168.0.1 usually is your hub, also you cant name two networks on the same connection the same, you can name your computers network connection the same as other computers on the network. Also if you resetted your modem it will revert it back to the admin account as for it not saving changes, it could be a battery issue, and your box is no longer recharging it. make sure you dont have any conflicting ips anywhere on the network, ie make sure all your net cards have different ips than the box and each other, that will screw up stuff. Best of what i can come up with.