Thursday, June 2, 2011

Linksys router, strange behaviour?

My router keeps showing that it is broadcasting 3 networks at once, whereas it never used to. I have restored factory settings, but even after than, i get:



Linksys

Linksys 2 3

Linksys 2



all showing up on my %26quot;connect to a network%26quot; window - i know they are all mine because when I change the network name to BNLRJM (what i normally use) i then get:



BNLRJM

BNLRJM 2 3

BNLRJM 2



showing up instead of just the ONE default linksys or BNLRJM network, how come my router is doing this? It seems to have screwed the whole thing over and wont let me access the internet anymoreLinksys router, strange behaviour?
Try resetting the router ?



HTHLinksys router, strange behaviour?
It's not *your* router - there are 3 routers close to you - yours and 2 others. Change the SSID of yours so that you can recognize it (any characters will do - just pick anything that's not %26quot;linksys%26quot; or %26quot;bnlrjm%26quot; - 123abc is as good as anything else).



The SSID is the second box down at http://192.168.1.1/Wireless_Basic.asp