Thursday, June 2, 2011

I have a WRT54G wireless router, how do i make my network secure?

i have Version 4, if you need to know that. I already looked at several solutions (change the name, i think it was called SSID? and the password, but i checked on my iTouch if my network requires a password after i changed the settings, and it didnt. When i changed the name it worked. and the whole MAC filtering is too hard. and what the heck is WEP and WAP and how do i do it? and how do i make my network require a password?I have a WRT54G wireless router, how do i make my network secure?
I'm guessing your pretty new to this. After you've installed your router ,you should install the setup it came with. It will walk you through everything from securing your network to giving your router a name. SSID is Set Service Identifier aka the name of your network.



WEP is an ancient security feature which can be easily broken into, so I suggest you go with WPA which is WiFi Protected Access which is more secure and common nowadays. MAC filtering only allows certain devices on your network to connect to your network which you have specified.



Run the CD setup and you should be good to go.I have a WRT54G wireless router, how do i make my network secure?
Try setting WPA or WEP. That will enable you to set password for nay connection to your router....I have a WRT54G wireless router, how do i make my network secure?
In router....go to Wireless...then Wireless Security....Select WEP 64 bits . Enter passphrase and generate. 4 passwords to choose from....you select which one by ticking Default Transmit key.I have a WRT54G wireless router, how do i make my network secure?
i have your answer please im me please i have exctaly what you haveI have a WRT54G wireless router, how do i make my network secure?
go with WPA pre-shared key :P

get apassword, then u encrypt it

dont use WEP, its so easy to hackI have a WRT54G wireless router, how do i make my network secure?
I wouldn't go with WEP at all. It is notoriously unsecure. A knowledgable hacker could get past WEP in as little as 60 seconds.



WPA-Personal is your best bet. You can set up the password for your network, and it will be much harder for hackers to crack. It's not impossible to crack, but it is much harder.



Of course, to get the most security you can turn off your WiFi access altogether. But if you must have it on, set it up for WPA-Personal.I have a WRT54G wireless router, how do i make my network secure?
Both WPA %26amp; WEP are encryption protocols. WPA is the newer better verison. Here's a step-by-step guide from linksys (the maker of your router) on how to setup WPA with your router.



http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3696%26amp;p_created=1151479737%26amp;p_sid=lnrdEmXi%26amp;p_accessibility=0%26amp;p_lva=3967%26amp;p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjExJnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NjZl9sYW5nPTEmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD13cnQ1NGcgd3Bh%26amp;p_li=%26amp;p_topview=1I have a WRT54G wireless router, how do i make my network secure?
1. When you log into the Linksys the default password is admin, you need to change that so nobody will change the settings of the router. Administration %26gt; Management.

2. Enable WPA Personal encryption so nobody will %26quot;piggy back%26quot; on your network. Wireless %26gt; Wireless Security.I have a WRT54G wireless router, how do i make my network secure?
Ok so you know how to get to your router settings then. Go to wireless security. I would set it at wep and then use the 64 bit one. on wep it has to 10 digits. i recommend using your area code and phone number or someelses that you know. then only tell people you want to get on it. good luck. for a harder one just think 10 numbers you want to use and then remember it that way.I have a WRT54G wireless router, how do i make my network secure?
Definitely do *NOT* use WEP. It is about as secure as putting a sticky note on your car window which reads, %26quot;Please don't steal this.%26quot;



Use WPA Pre-Shared Key (PSK).
  • black hair care
  • is there a lestateboomover
  •