Thursday, June 2, 2011

I lost my wireless network and don't know how to get it back? please help ASAP!!?

I went to 192.168.1.1 and I changed our network name which worked out fine, but then I tried to setup a wep key. Which it took cuz the connection reset, but now my wireless network will not show up at all. I don't know how I can get to my settings again or fix this. How can I get my wireless network back? Or do a reset on it. I can not find my linksys cd, but it was never much good to me anyway.....Please help asap!!! Thanks..........I feel horrible because now my roommates can not connect!!!I lost my wireless network and don%26039;t know how to get it back? please help ASAP!!?
You either really screwed something up or you accidentally disabled SSID which disabling that will cause your network to not show up, but you DO want SSID ENABLED in your enviroment. Just reset the router, there is a small reset button on the back it looks like a tiny hole. You need a pin, or the tip of a pencil and just push it in for about 5 seconds while the power is still plugged in to it. That will reset everything to factory defaults, and then you can start all over again



Also, try not to use WEP. Use a WPA if your router supports it which any good router will...WPA or WPA-2 is far more secure than WEP.I lost my wireless network and don%26039;t know how to get it back? please help ASAP!!?
I am guessing you're using XP. Go to Start%26gt;Settings%26gt;Network Connections do you see the wireless icon? If it's there and ther's a red X mark next to it then right click on it and make sure it's enabled. Otherwise on the left pane there should be a link saying %26quot;Create a new connection%26quot; and you can follow that to create a new wireless connection.I lost my wireless network and don%26039;t know how to get it back? please help ASAP!!?
Start %26gt; Connect To



Otherwise, if you would like to reset your router back to factory defaults to try again, just unplug the power from it for about 10+ seconds.