Thursday, June 2, 2011

I had a company install my linksys wireless router and they changed the IP on the router, how do I find it?

I want to know my router's IP so that I can change the name of my wireless network and its password.I had a company install my linksys wireless router and they changed the IP on the router, how do I find it?
It's easy. Go to start, run, %26quot;cmd%26quot;. On that black screen, type: ipconfig



Some info should appear, your router's IP is the %26quot;default gateway%26quot;, just type it in your web browser's address bar. Hope this helped.



Good luck!I had a company install my linksys wireless router and they changed the IP on the router, how do I find it?
if it isn't 192.168.1.1 then you need to call the company that changed it and ask them what it is.I had a company install my linksys wireless router and they changed the IP on the router, how do I find it?
It is always 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1I had a company install my linksys wireless router and they changed the IP on the router, how do I find it?
easy. we geeks do it all the time. click on start, then run, hit enter, type cmd in the box and hit enter. type ipconfig/all

hit enter. this lists the ip address on the computer, usually the routers ip address will be the same except the last number, it will usually be a 1

10.0.0.1 like this