Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cannot connect my Macbook to my Linksys WRT54GS Router?

Okay so i just got this router and i am new with routers so i don't know how exactly they work. The first time i connected, it didn't work at all, only the routers web address. My Macbook couldn't find the wireless network, but then i realized that the routers setting were using something else other than DHCP, which my computer was using so i changed it and it worked But now, a day later, i tried changing the network name and password to my own and i couldn't join back. i ended up changing the network name first and i forgot the password. i have been trying to put it all back like restarting the router and it looked like it worked, it had a different network name and password so i tried connecting and it did not work. i looked under the DHCP settings and they were fine. I set the routers settings to default and again, new network name and password but it didn't work. So how is it not working? Am i missing something like the channels, don't know which channel is for my Macbook. Sorry that i explained a lot. Hope you can help me.

Thanks in AdvanceCannot connect my Macbook to my Linksys WRT54GS Router?
Take a step back and go through it from the start.



Make sure that you know your ISP username and password that the router uses to connect you to the internet.

Reset your router to factory defaults. http://technicallyeasy.net/2008/01/how-t

Attach to the router and change the security to at least WPA/PSK, the wireless password, change the SSID (the wireless network's name) and change the router password.

Click on the wireless symbol on your Mac's menu bar and then click on the wireless name you just set.

Enter the wireless password.

All will be good.