Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I change a setting on my Dish Network DVR?

I am not very technology-oriented, so please excuse my lack of knowledge reguarding certain terms and names for things, ect.



I have been having a lot of problems with my DVR lately, but it's finally been fixed. However, in order to fix it, the TV in my bedroom had to be set as TV 1 instead of TV 2, the TV in my living room had to become TV 2 when it had previously been 1 on my DVR box.



I want to set all of my previous timers to record on TV 1 as a default now, but I don't know if this is possible. So my question is:



Is it possible to set what TV a timer should record to? If so, how?



Also, I am having a problem with my remote now. I can access the guide and all other options having to do with the sattellite, but when I want to turn the TV on/off or turn the volume up/down I now have to do it manually by walking up to the TV and hitting the buttons myself.



How can I make the volume/power buttons work off of my new remote?How do I change a setting on my Dish Network DVR?
To change the setting for record default here is what you do:

Press Menu, then preferences, then record plus. You want it to be enable and set tv preference to tv1. Go to done and that will fix it.



To fix volume and power for tv: Go to this link and click on the receiver you have http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental

Then on the left you will see where it will say 6.0 IR/UHF pro remote (depending on your model might be slightly different number) Click on that. Then on the left it will change to 6.0 remote codes. Click on that. This will give you the codes to your specific tv brand. Now once you found your brand you will press and hold the tv button down until all lights light up (will need to be infront of the tv for this.) once light up then press the 3 digit code in then now you should be able to operate the tv. If not then press the tv button down again until all lights light up then do the next code keep continuing until the tv turns off.



Hope that helps!!How do I change a setting on my Dish Network DVR?
The tv preference is changed by hitting menu, system set-up, then record plus...change the default...(I am going by memory, I think that is right, though)



As for turning on and off the tv, have you tried pressing the TV button at the top of the remote, before trying power or volume...if that does not work, call Dish Tech Support from in front of your tv and they can walk you through programming the remote....(they could also tell you about the default tv if I was wrong about any of those commands.How do I change a setting on my Dish Network DVR?
I know that you can set which TV you want to record all programs, you go to Menu and Preferences. I am not sure about your remote. You might have to reprogram it. That information should be in the guide that came with your DVR. You have to find the code based on what kind of TV you have and follow the instructions in the guide.