Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I get an unknown user off of my wireless network?

I have two Macbooks in my apartment using a Linksys WRT54G v8. A few weeks ago I noticed a user named mac0023329419f1 showing up in the user list. I figured out my user name and password for the router and I thought I changed the network password but the user is still on my network. Can anyone give me any instructions on how to make my network more secure? I can't figure out how to do it.How can I get an unknown user off of my wireless network?
Instructions and video...



http://www.wikihow.com/Secure-Your-WirelHow can I get an unknown user off of my wireless network?
Did you just change the password for the router? Or are you using WEP or WPA encryption on your network? The latter is what you need.How can I get an unknown user off of my wireless network?
If it's not you, then someone has hacked your password - change your security to WPA.

As well, add MAC filtering, then change your SSID and then turn off the SSID broadcast so people can't see your wireless signal.