Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I messed up my connection big time?

i pressed the reset button on the back of the router and held it for ten seconds to reset the password and username of the network but it got erased. my network was named plato11 and now its called lynksis and i cant connect to the internet on it even though im connected. how do i get it back. and how do i change the name of lynksis back to plato11 and reset the password!%26gt;?!?!?!?!?!?I messed up my connection big time?
I would contact the manufacturer of the router. They will 100% have the correct answer for you. I cannot give you details because, to me, you didn't give enough details in your question. SorryI messed up my connection big time?
I'm not sure, but it sounds like you haven't tried plugging into the router with a networking cable. You should be able to open up a browser application such as Firefox or internet explorer and type %26quot;192.168.1.1%26quot; into the address. that should bring you to the settings page. By default, linksys routers do not have a user name and the password is %26quot;admin.%26quot; Once you enter in the log in information, you can change these sort of settings. The interface is pretty straight forward and I bet that you can find your way around.



I wish that I could be of more help. Routers are finicky things, aren't they?