Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I change my router's password?

My mom got Comcast internet without me knowing which is fine but they gave us an Arris router/modem (an all in one sort of thing) and made the password the same exact thing as the network name. I have tried going to 192.168.1.1 and no options were there for me.How do I change my router%26039;s password?
We use a different gateway IP. Try going to 10.1.10.1



-edit

GTB has good advice.

Is there a router on your network? 192.168.1.1 might be the gateway of your router. Try plugging your computer directly into the modem, and then you -should- be able to get to the 10.1.10.1How do I change my router%26039;s password?
Almost always the router IP address on a small peer to peer network is the default gateway IP address.



I fail to understand why people always want to believe that 192.168.1.1 is always the router - not the truth.



Open command prompt (start, run, accessories, command prompt) and enter ipconfig at the prompt and hit enter. It will show you the default gateway IP address.



Now for a common Com Cast practice - the user name is cusadmin and password is highspeed with the router IP 10.1.10.1 but check out the default gateway address first.