Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My OS is windows vista Premium.In network +sharing Network is unidentified, How does network get a name?

network keeps changing to public from private wich is my choice (private) because i'm on a home network in my house with one computer,and I don't understand how this works? I click dianostic and repair because not only does the network keep changing to public also the connection goes to local acess when i use erthernet dsl modem and i havelocal and internet,besides i don't know what local acess is, I know when i just have local i cannot acess my yahoo home page and nothing else on the web, help please,Also I just upgraded from vista basic to premium. Help pleaseMy OS is windows vista Premium.In network +sharing Network is unidentified, How does network get a name?
local access is necessary to be on the net....it has to do with your modem......just leave it the way it was you have windows defender and windows fire wall to back up your security......you won't be able to connect to the Internet if you don't have you local access plugged in...........