Thursday, September 22, 2011

Locked out of my computer....please help?

We were given a computer. It had a password. My son went in and change the user name from administrator to something with spaces and an %26amp;, a total of 17 characters. He said he didn't change the password. He said he changed the domain, network, and computer name also, for that user name (which used to be administrator). How can I fix this? We are locked out of the computer.



Also, when we press F8 when booting up the computer, safe mode is NOT an option.



I did go through something online but it could NOT retrieve my password for me.Locked out of my computer....please help?
You will lose time trying to hack through the system to get a password. I would recommend you reinstall the windows os but in a different directory i.e. Without formatting the disk. Thus your data will still remain intact.



Also next time create a second user with administrative rights which you can always use in emergency.





Good luck