Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to block or black list a certain network/IP?

I live in a trailer park and a few months back, a few new neighbors moved in to several of the other trailers. Ever since then my internet has been a load of bull. My computer likes to connect to their network instead of mine (and because I don't know which neighbor, I don't feel like knocking on peoples doors). When it's connected to their network, my computer won't connect to the internet. Sometimes it connects to my own (but because I have cheap net, its a very low signal) but only for a few minutes/hours or until the computer goes to sleep; it even died twice as I was writing this.

I've tried changing names and messing with all kinds of settings but it isn't working. The only other solution I can think of is blocking or black listing that network's IP address or something, as long as I can keep my computer from connecting to that network. Is this possible? If so, how? If not then what else could I do?

Please help, I'm in the middle of online classes and the deadline to get all the work done is getting very close.How to block or black list a certain network/IP?
I like using OpenDNS.



I just add 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 as my DNS Servers.



It will allow you to tweak their 'black list' to add your own.



ITS FREE!!!
  • what are the benefits of owning a home
  • sad lonely poems
  •