Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I remove a wireless network from my Netgear router?

What I've done is apparently set up a new network. In reconnecting my router (gone for the summer), I went to the http://192.168.1.1 website and was working with the settings to configure the router and to try to get the blasted thing to work (turns out I needed to restart the modem). Well, I changed the name from %26quot;Netgear%26quot; to %26quot;Ed%26quot; as the help box recommends, verified it was secure, and got on the network. But now when I open my wireless network connection utility thing, both %26quot;Ed%26quot; and %26quot;Netgear%26quot; show up as an available network. Although I automatically connect to %26quot;Ed%26quot; and it is secured, the %26quot;Netgear%26quot; option shows no security. I'd like to delete this so my system is more secure, but I'd also take suggestions on how to enable security. I just don't want to have to do a router reset and start all over. When I'm looking at the wireless settings feature on the above site, I only get to edit one network at a time. I'm kind of an idiot....can anybody help? How do I remove a wireless network from my Netgear router?
i would start with a restore to factory default. There should be a hole near the power cord, use a paper clip and hold that in for 30 seconds. If you still have the manual read it and follow instructions, or go to manufactures website and download a manual. If you setup a wireless system, encrypt it and password protect it so neigbours can't access it.How do I remove a wireless network from my Netgear router?
rwerewrw