Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I can't connect to the Internet on my laptop using my Wireless G Broadband Linksys router. How do I?

I can connect to the internet on my ipod touch and my PC easily, and I've tried changing the password and network name and everything, when i try to connect on the laptop it says it is connecting but it doesn't connect, but the signal strength is always very high. there is an x by the icon that usually shows if the internet is connected.I can%26039;t connect to the Internet on my laptop using my Wireless G Broadband Linksys router. How do I?
well there could be one of two problems.... one you have a switch to disable wireless on the right side or front of your computer. This could be in the off position.

Second your wireless adapter could be disabled. Right click the little X over your connection and select enable.I can%26039;t connect to the Internet on my laptop using my Wireless G Broadband Linksys router. How do I?
try disabling the security on your router, and see if it connects. If so, you might have to go with a different security scheme on the router. Try the older WEP encryption instead. Or try going to the laptop's mfgr's website and get the latest drivers for the wi-fi. Another option is to get a usb wifi adapter and use it rather than the internal one. I'm listing a lot of options because it could be any one of those things. Networking is more of an art than a science.I can%26039;t connect to the Internet on my laptop using my Wireless G Broadband Linksys router. How do I?
Reset your router. Reset the TCP/IP address for your lap top. Go to http://www.ehow.com/how_2113298_corrupt-

for directions on resetting the TCP/IP.

Make sure the security encryption setting is same for lap top and router.I can%26039;t connect to the Internet on my laptop using my Wireless G Broadband Linksys router. How do I?
If your computer is connected to Internet but you still can not browse web pages On IE or Mozilla, then try this

1. open command prompt by going in Start%26gt;Programs%26gt;Accessories%26gt;command prompt

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

netsh winsock reset

3. Restart the computer.



and note that you Should have administrative priviliges for this and if you are using Vista open command prompt as Administrator.