Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I change my computer's Workgroup name in Windows XP Home Edition on my laptop?

I'm trying to network my XP and Vista computers and on Microsoft's Help Center, it says I have to change my XP's Workgroup name to %26quot;WORKGROUP%26quot; instead of the default %26quot;MSHOME%26quot;. I tried to do this, but when I go to do it, the box is grayed out where I can't change this? Is there any way to get around this?How can I change my computer%26039;s Workgroup name in Windows XP Home Edition on my laptop?
easy go into system propertys and sort from thereHow can I change my computer%26039;s Workgroup name in Windows XP Home Edition on my laptop?
Check the %26quot;Workstation%26quot; service.

Report Abuse

How can I change my computer%26039;s Workgroup name in Windows XP Home Edition on my laptop?
Windows key + Pause/Break key to open System Properties, then click Computer Name tab, click Change.



Or another way to open it is to right click on my computer and click properties.How can I change my computer%26039;s Workgroup name in Windows XP Home Edition on my laptop?
Right click on my computer then go to properties, go to the tab %26quot;computer name%26quot;. You will see a message saying to rename this computer or join a workgroup, click on change just on the right of the message and put a name in the workgroup.