Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I get my computers to 'see' each other on a home network?

I just purchased a new computer running Windows XP Professional and I wanted to hook it up to my old computer (running XP Home) to transfer my files. We already had a (non-wireless) router set up in the house, so I hooked both computers to it and ran the Windows 'home network setup' wizard. When it finished, the new computer could see the old one, but didn't have permission to access it. The old one couldn't see the new one at all. I ran the windows troubleshooter a couple of times and it kept saying that it was detecting that the old computer had a duplicate name, but nothing changed when I went into System and changed the name and description. File sharing is supposedly enabled and both computers had internet access, so I don't THINK it's the router. Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong? Thanks in advance.How can I get my computers to %26039;see%26039; each other on a home network?
Step by Step:



1. Right Click on my computer in desktop

2. Choose Computer Name Tab

3. Below 2 choices. Network ID and Change. Choose %26quot;Change%26quot;

4. Computer Name: Type any name but be sure the two computer must not have the same name. Example Pc1 and Pc2

5. You will see a Tab Domain and Workgroup. Choose Workgroup and be sure your name is the same your 2 computer . Example: name Hi. Pc1 and Pc2 Workgroup name must be %26quot;Hi%26quot;.

6. Restart 2 computer.

7. Be sure you check the folder or the drive to make it share. Example: My Documents Folder: Right Click it then choose sharing. Then check the box %26quot; SHARE THIS FOLDER ON THE NETWORK%26quot;



NOTE: WINDOWS FIREWALL CHECK IF THE FILE AND PRINTER SHARING IS CHECKED.



FINISH!How can I get my computers to %26039;see%26039; each other on a home network?
turn the webcams on, face them to each other, then they should be able to see each other. wah wah wah, kiddingHow can I get my computers to %26039;see%26039; each other on a home network?
Put webcams on them and point them at one another.How can I get my computers to %26039;see%26039; each other on a home network?
There's tons of settings that could be wrong. Try sharing folders. Make sure both have a unique name and so on. Failing that, turn the computers so the monitors face each other.How can I get my computers to %26039;see%26039; each other on a home network?
You have to make sure they are all part of the same %26quot;workgroup%26quot;. Do this by going to your my computer icon and right clicking, selecting properties. Click on the network tab and scroll down to where the workgroup box is. Select your work group name and type it in. Make sure all the computers have a different %26quot;computer%26quot; name but the same work group name. All computers should then be able to see each other.How can I get my computers to %26039;see%26039; each other on a home network?
Sounds like you're doing everything right. When you do Home Network Setup you selected %26quot;I will run setup wizard on other computer%26quot; right? Sometimes you have to restart after this as well.



For the folders that you want to share you have to enable sharing. Find a folder, do a right click, go to properties, then the Sharing tab, and click %26quot;Share this folder on a network%26quot;.



Now go back to %26quot;My Network Places%26quot; and you should see the folder there on the other computer. If not select %26quot;add a network place%26quot; and browse for the folder to add.



Sounds like you got it, just restart both and try this.How can I get my computers to %26039;see%26039; each other on a home network?
Make sure you ran the Network Wizard on both PC's, and they have unique names. Then restart %26amp; it should recognize both PC's on the network the put everything in the shared folders. Nothing is wrong with the router! It is in the way it was set up. Hope this helps!! If not contact me and I will lead you in a better wayHow can I get my computers to %26039;see%26039; each other on a home network?
Just try remote desktop but before than your much find first the IP address of the computer you to look on. Just go run of the computer you want to look on type %26quot;ipconfig%26quot; then the IP address will display cony this order to used it. Just go to on you computer the go to remote desktop located on the program-accessories the communication then remote connection. The rest you much read the message.How can I get my computers to %26039;see%26039; each other on a home network?
Take help from technical expert

http://www.onthenetoffice.com/support.ht
  • client side script
  • favourite female name
  •