Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Getting rid of wireless network SSID?

I reset my home wireless network from cable to DSL, but when I reset the router, I didn't change the SSID from the brand manufacturer. When I realized what I'd done, I went back and changed the SSID, then set a password with WPA-2. However, the original router-named network still appears when I search for networks. How do I get rid of that?Getting rid of wireless network SSID?
If its a popular brand router its more likely that a neighbor has a router of the same brand and didnt change the default SSID. Because it isn't possible for a single router to have two SSIDsGetting rid of wireless network SSID?
Refresh the connections that are found.



If it still shows up, and your router settings are indeed changed, then it's not your problem anymore. Someone else has their router as the same name.