Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have a password problem after changing the login on apc that used to be part of a network/server.?

I went into the settings and %26quot;name change%26quot; and changed it to %26quot;member of%26quot;. I had to enter the password which had been the one I had used forever to log on thru the server. When I rebooted it still required that I %26quot;ctrl-alt-del%26quot; and then asked for a password. It evidently is not the one I had been using and now I cant logon at all. This is a home computer w/ no other users and no need to have a password for windows. How can I %26quot;break thru%26quot; to reset the password.I have a password problem after changing the login on apc that used to be part of a network/server.?
Oh, not APC as in the power units.. What you did was you changed your computer to be a member of a Domain, instead of a workgroup. You should have a drop down box that says either the domain or local administrator. You need to go through the local administrator, then change it back to a workgroup.