Wednesday, November 24, 2010

3 problems on Networks [How to hide my PC name on local network] ?

Hello, sorry for poor English but I hop u can understand me and help me

anything can help is welcome please



My first problem is my brother,he is childish, every time I fight with him or if I refuse to do him a favor he always change wireless network password, before I was able to find out the passwords because there was a network name linksys same as my brother's not sure it's kinda open port I always see it random showing only at a side of a home , I can connect to it and go to Router and see what my brother's password so I can connect on the main one , but he always find out he told me his Windows Vista has the ability to show who is connect to the network and he laugh besides he made password on router , I can connect via that linksys network but I cannot connect view the main router 192.168.1.1 he has password but I can view the one that 192.168.1.245



1-How I can unlock the router password? and

2-How I can hide my pc from showing to his Vista? I don't care if it's showing on router I just know he knows from Vista



my third problem is : my uncle live next door , he knows my brother is childish because my mom told him so he allowed me to use his wireless and he gave me his password, he went with his family outside the country for medical care and it's been almost 2 months , his network was working with me so perfect but before 2 weeks I no longer can see his network on my Desktop PC so I though something wrong with the router there since nobody at home and the router open 24hrs but before 5 days and when I was trying to connect to linksys of my brother I saw my uncle's networks name but when I try to connect to it , it says : you cannot connect to network also it gave me once this message %26quot; The capability of your network adapter does not match the requirements of this network %26quot;



the wired thing is that both my Desktop and my Laptop at same area but my Desktop doesn't show my uncle's network anymore!!!



Desktop PC has wireless device on



please guys help me , the linksys network is weak and it disconnect every time3 problems on Networks [How to hide my PC name on local network] ?
1- If you mean, the router password used to get to the administration, that's kind of hard. Maybe if you make a phishing page, you can obtain the pass. If you men the router wireless password, you can use som Linux distro like Backtrack 3. Use airodump, aircrack and kismet ot get the key. If it's a wep, it could be cracked in, let's say 15 min. Others encryption like WPA could take too much time (kind of impossible)



2- Use a firewall like ZoneAlarm and deny all the server request (except things like Messenger, etc.) If you block the NetBios rquests, your computer name could be hidden to everybody.



3- This is not too clear. Maybe the router get nuts (yeah, sometimes they need a physical reset). Or maybe your brother change the wireless key ---%26gt; paranoia :D