Wednesday, November 24, 2010

When I change my computer name , the old one still shows up in my network places.. how to get rid of please?

Hi. When I changed my computer's name from my computer ( windows xp). . after restarting, the old one still shows on all of my computers (When i goto View workgroup computers in my network places)in the network... (So now it shows the new one, and is accessible, and the old one which just gives an error when clicked). how do i go about removing the old one as the icon is there in my net work places? Thank youWhen I change my computer name , the old one still shows up in my network places.. how to get rid of please?
Go to your network places, right click the old name and delete it. This simply removes the link. The reason for this remaining visible is that the network browsing requires a cache to work reliably. Sometimes when a machine joins a large network it can take 20 minutes to get through the traffic and appear. If this happened every time you needed a resource, you would have to click it, go and make your breakfast and coffee, and maybe finish them before the files opened. In the meantime, your PC would have timed out and given up. This cache causes your machine to remember it's list, even if a machine crashes or shuts down, and therefore recovers rapidly when the absent machine returns.When I change my computer name , the old one still shows up in my network places.. how to get rid of please?
i will give you free advice even it going to cost you money buy a new computerWhen I change my computer name , the old one still shows up in my network places.. how to get rid of please?
You must power off your Data switch / Hub and then switch on after few munits .



(All your network equipments' Names keep in memory of Data swiitch or Hub, you must clear memeory )