Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the name of my network from linksys to something else?

About a year ago I managed to set up an old linksys router to my new mac and my wireless internet has been working fine. I even figured out how to change the name, not broadcast the network, and encrypt a password and everything.



Well, I had to reset the router yesterday, and now I'm connected to %26quot;linksys%26quot; (internet is working fine). How do I change the name to something more unique, and make my network more secure? I tried going to http://192.168.1.1 and it won't connect. I tried going to http://192.168.0.1 and it asks for a user name and password. I tried %26quot;admin%26quot;, I tried leaving password blank, I tried %26quot;password%26quot; - nothing is working.

Help me. Thank you.How do I change the name of my network from linksys to something else?
You don't give the model number of the router so can't tell you straight away as there are two different ways into Linksys routers. Both are listed on the site below.How do I change the name of my network from linksys to something else?
On the address that works: Leave the username blank and type %26quot;admin%26quot; (without the quotes) under password. If that doesn't work, try %26quot;administrator%26quot; (no quotes) under password. %26quot;admin%26quot; should work.How do I change the name of my network from linksys to something else?
Go to http://compnetworking.about.com/od/route to get the default login for your router. You will need to know the model. Once you get in, you can reset the name.How do I change the name of my network from linksys to something else?
about link sys router by default factory firmware you should try:

User name: admin

Password: admin

it must work on your router.How do I change the name of my network from linksys to something else?
Try username:admin and password:admin



It worked for me once.How do I change the name of my network from linksys to something else?
read the manual.............. if you dont have any download it from the web address of your hardware manufacturer...........
  • phone
  • What do you put in a duvet cover
  •