Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to change my wireless Internet profile name?

I would like to change the name of my wireless Internet profile - the name that shows up in the list when a wireless connection does a search for available networks nearby. I can't figure out how to change it through the network management or wireless management in Control Panel...I set this up about 2 years ago w/Windows Vista (now I have Windows 7), and I just can't remember if there is a way to go back and change the name w/o having to create a whole new network profile. Can anyone help?? Thanks!How to change my wireless Internet profile name?
Well if your have a router then all you have to do is log into the router via your web browser usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.2.1 if none of these work then type the name of your router into google and type after it default ip address or go to cmd from run and type ipconfig/all and have a look what your ip address is and your default gateway. once your into your router its pretty self explanatory