Wednesday, November 24, 2010

In Win7, my network is named "Home 2" (under Network and Sharing center) How do I change this back to "Home?"?

I am only connected to one network on my desktop via LAN to my DSL router. How do I change my network settings so I am connected to just %26quot;Home%26quot; or %26quot;Home 1?%26quot;In Win7, my network is named %26quot;Home 2%26quot; (under Network and Sharing center) How do I change this back to %26quot;Home?%26quot;?
Click on your start button and then in that start menu, right click on %26quot;Computer%26quot; and select %26quot;Properties%26quot;. Scroll down to the bottom where it shows the network you are connected to and click %26quot;Change settings%26quot;. In the new window that pops up, click on the %26quot;Change...%26quot; button. There you can rename the network from %26quot;Home 2%26quot; to %26quot;Home%26quot;.