Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I set up my network on Windows 2000?

I have two computers that I want to network. One is Windows XP and the network name is MSHOME. The other is windows 2000 and network name is WORKGROUP. How do I change the name on the Windows 2000 O/S to MSHOME?How do I set up my network on Windows 2000?
Make sure you have administrative previledges on the Windows 2000 computer.

Right click my computer - Select properties - Computer Name Tab - Click Change on Rename this computer - Under Workgroup Set the MSHOME - Hit OK - OK all the way down and restart your computer. also make sure other settings are also made accordingly.



Pictoral reference is here

http://www.aultcomputer.com/setnetwork.hHow do I set up my network on Windows 2000?
Hi

Windows 2000 is itself a server version

If you know the domain name then it is fairly simple.

Connect the two systems with UTP connectors.

Goto the properties of My computer in the 2000 then goto the network id and give the domain name over there.

You will receive a message box showing that it is connected.