Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Laptop won't connect to Internet on network?

I have a Dell laptop running Vista. I recently moved into a friend's place, and connected to their wireless LinkSys router. Internet would work, however running Vuze would cause it to slow down, and eventually lose the Internet part of the network connection. I enabled port forwarding for two ports that I found searching for advice on how to fix the Vuze problem.



It didn't work. Vuze continued to kick me off the Internet, and to get back on, I would unplug the power from the router, wait a couple seconds, plug it back in, and then the laptop would reconnect to the router and have Internet access again.



However, now the LinkSys router seemed to reset, as it lost the typical network name. I changed the name back, added WEP security to the wireless connection. My laptop can connect, but there is no Internet.



I also tried plugging the Internet ethernet cable straight into my laptop. No Internet.



I plugged in the ethernet cable from a cable modem in the house, which is working on this Mac that I'm currently typing this on, and it still would not connect to the Internet.



Why won't my laptop pick up an Internet connection anywhere?Laptop won%26039;t connect to Internet on network?
set default Gateway ip= modem ip

dns ip= modem ip

okay it will help you

if you have more question please contact me

anilaydinalp@hotmail.com.tr

anilaydinalp@yahoo.com