Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the "name" of my wireless router as it shows up when looking for a network?

I have a 2Wire wireless router, and when I look for it on my laptop, it shows up as %26quot;2Wire868%26quot; Is there a way to personalize the name it's showing?How do I change the %26quot;name%26quot; of my wireless router as it shows up when looking for a network?
Enter the IP address of your router into your browser address bar.



Look for the Wireless Settings options. It should have an entry that says:

Wireless (or Network) Name: 2Wire868

You can change it there and updateHow do I change the %26quot;name%26quot; of my wireless router as it shows up when looking for a network?
you will need to search your instructions online to find out what your internal ip is, then type taht in in your web browser, but instance Belkin is 192.168.2.1 This is where u can change your settingsHow do I change the %26quot;name%26quot; of my wireless router as it shows up when looking for a network?
Try logging into the router with this address:

http://192.168.0.1



You should need to enter a user name (probably %26quot;Admin%26quot;) and a password. Now where would that be...



Find the wireless settings and change the SSID there.