Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the name on my wireless connection?

When i set up my laptop I put in a name for my connection that people can see when they are looking at who is using wireless in their network. I accidently put my name and I would like to change it to something else. Any idea how i do that? I have a inspiron 1525 laptop. thanksHow do I change the name on my wireless connection?
right click my computer %26gt; properties %26gt; click on the computer tab %26gt; click the change button %26gt; change the computer name. Use this option if WORKGROUP is checked.



Use this if you are joined to a domain. Follow the above directions to get to the dialoague box, but you have to unjoin the domain. Repeat the steps above change the name and rejoin domain.



Hope this helps.How do I change the name on my wireless connection?
I believe you meant to change your computer name on Windows Vista. To do that, follow the link:



http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-v
  • mobile
  • hair spray
  •