Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do i get rid of an old computer name in my network place?

i set up a small home network for both of my computers. i changed my desktop computer name to a new unique name and it made me reboot. i went to my laptop to see my network places and to see the computers networked in the same work group but the old computer name is there. you cant click on it but its still there. i dont want the old name and the new name to appear in my work group network places. how do i get rid of it?How do i get rid of an old computer name in my network place?
Just wipe out the network connection and set the network connection all over again. It should erase everything associated with your workgroup and let you recreate it.How do i get rid of an old computer name in my network place?
You may have to delete it from the administrative computer. The computer you set everything up on. You should be able to delete it there.How do i get rid of an old computer name in my network place?
go in to computer settings and fix it there...you might have to reboot again..the name you wanted might not have regesteredHow do i get rid of an old computer name in my network place?
On the computer where the name doesn't change the %26quot;auto refresh%26quot; of network places is not active (cant thing of its name damn)



To do this open network places. go to tools %26gt; folder options %26gt; then go to view. Make sure that %26quot;Automatically search for network folders and printers%26quot; is enabled. and apply it then ok.



Then restart both machines. After a min or two the new name should show up.



If this is not the problem then your registry may have a corrupt entry. Get a techinician or a scanner.



Good Luck



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.3doms.com

TechSupport@3doms.com (free)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • tvs
  • record settings
  •