Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Printer network password? How do I change the privliges of a client computer in a network?

When I try to access files from my host computer (in the network) on the client computer (in the network), it says this:

\\(host computer name) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.



The network name cannot be found.





I'm not sure, but I also think this is why I can't get my client computer to be able to print in the network (printer is connected to the host). I do add printer, and go to the network, let it find the printer, It finds it fine, then I select the printer, click next, then a password pop-up thing comes up. My host doesn't have a password at all XD... how do I fix all this?



I have all the computers in the network under control, and I think the computer who makes the network is the administrator, right? there are only two computers on the network. So I think I'm administrator... I just need to know how to change it from the administrator PLZPrinter network password? How do I change the privliges of a client computer in a network?
R u sure this is a permissions issue %26amp; not something to do with your domain.



Can you access the target print server by IP address?



If you get the same result, but, have confirmed the server is up %26amp; running fine ( MS File %26amp; Print Sharing running OK, server pingable on the network, etc. ); then it may be either a local policy issue on the server, or a share permissions issue.



If you are in a domain environment, check domain policy to ensure your machines %26amp; users have sufficient rights to access the server from the network %26amp; the printer is shared to the correct groups.



If you are in a workgroup scenario, either create suatable local user accounts on the print server %26amp; share accordingly, or, share the printer to the Everyone group.



You could also try connecting to the web printing connection. See if that works.





Hope this helpsPrinter network password? How do I change the privliges of a client computer in a network?
I had the same problem on time with the user name and password thing when trying to connect to a networked printer. It was hell trying to fix.



In the end I found out the problem was the computer had a duplicate name as another computer in Active Directory. I had to remove the computer that hosted the printer from the domain then delete the computer that hosted the printer from Active Directory.



I then renamed the computer and joined it back into the domain where it created a profile in the computers OU from there I browsed the network again found the printer and connected to it no problem.



The way I seen that it had a duplicate name was from the Network Neigborhood panel and drilled down then read the computer names and seen the match.



I really hoped this helped because I found no good solutions on the net and it took me forever to figure it out.Printer network password? How do I change the privliges of a client computer in a network?
Your best answer is to contact a local repair service in your community and talk to a professional IT person.