Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change my administrater name?

When setting up my computers (Vista) I used the admin. name (fictitious) ABC. Later I changed my log on name (to CBA) the usual way using -control panel/user accts/user accts./change your name. When attempting to network (later yet) I couldn't network among computer unless using the original admin. name (ABC). The computer still stores the (ABC) profile under computer/system properties/advanced sys. settings/(advanced tab) profiles. Nowhere is the (CBA) profile except on the log on screen. I'd like to rename the (ABC) to (CBA) to make it easier to remember. (3 computers). The first name i chose for myself (admin.) on each computer was not easy to remember. thats why i renamed later. I didnt know I'd be stuck with it forever. I found no way to rename the original profile (ABC) except for logging on purposes. I'm forced to network using the old admin. name. confusing...yes.How do I change my administrater name?
u r rite,,, i didn't get it. so confusing :(