Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change my network name of my wireless router?

Right now it's just 2WIRE and I want to change it. I know I'm able to since I can see other people's networks with a custom name. Thanks!How do I change my network name of my wireless router?
Log into your router. Change the SSID there (the name).



XP

1) Goto Start/Run

2) Type in %26quot;cmd%26quot;



Vista

1) Click the Start button

2) Type in %26quot;command%26quot;



Once you are in the command prompt:

1)Type in %26quot;ipconfig%26quot;

2) In your Internet browser type in %26quot;http://%26quot; followed by your default gateway (found in the command prompt)

***Example: http://192.168.1.1 (try clicking the link)

3) Login (search online for login info) Usually admin, password

3) There should be a link on the side somewhere. It should have several options like WEP, WPA etc.



Regards,



DaneHow do I change my network name of my wireless router?
you will need to find the ip address of the router default on most is 192.168.1.1 you will type that into ur internet browser and change ssid