Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Can I change my SSID again, once I've changed it from the default setting.?

I've been to the place where you configure your router but it doesn't seem to have a way of changing it. I hope I'm using SSID right, in other words, I want to change my wireless network name. At this time, I'm not using wireless, but will use it when friends or relatives come to my house. I hope someone can tell me how to do this or if it's possible.Can I change my SSID again, once I%26039;ve changed it from the default setting.?
You said you're %26quot;not using wireless%26quot; right now. Some routers will disable the SSID setting if you have the wireless feature disabled. There are no limits to the number of times you can change your SSID, at least with most routers.



Note: If you got the router from your Internet Service Provider, they often work with the router manufacturer to customize the device to their needs which may include disabling / %26quot;locking down%26quot; certain features. It is possible the device has this feature locked for some unknown reason.