Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I change the name of my wireless network?

Hi, I don't need to know anything about making my network secure, I just simply need to learn how to change the name of my wireless network...how can I do that quickly and simply? ThanksHow can I change the name of my wireless network?
In your web browser, enter the IP address of your computer as if it is a web site name (http://192.168.0.0 for example).



If you do not know the IP address, click on Start button, click Run and type in: cmd

In the Window that appears, type: ipconfig

You will have a line of information that list the %26quot;Default gateway%26quot;. That is the IP address of your router



Once you have connected to the router, look for a place were you can change the SID (technical term for Network Name).

Usually in the same area you will find a place were you can set up a secure (WEP or WPA) password, if you want to secure the network at the same time.



Once you have changed the name (and/or added a password) you will need to rerun the Wireless Wizard in the computer's Control Panel to connect it to the new network.How can I change the name of my wireless network?
try re-setting it and then re-naming it
  • family cell phone plan
  • engineering material
  •