Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I lost my wireless network and don't know how to get it back? please help ASAP!!?

I went to 192.168.1.1 and I changed our network name which worked out fine, but then I tried to setup a wep key. Which it took cuz the connection reset, but now my wireless network will not show up at all. I don't know how I can get to my settings again or fix this. How can I get my wireless network back? Or do a reset on it. I can not find my linksys cd, but it was never much good to me anyway.....Please help asap!!! Thanks..........I feel horrible because now my roommates can not connect!!!

powercycling does not work and I am already in the connect to a network area, but my network isn't there....thats the problem....it just disappeared :-(



I am on windows vista and tried the reset button on back of router. I do not have modem hooked to router right now modem is to pc so I am able to get online to try to find out how to solve issue....



so I take it I don't setup security using the 192.168.1.1? How do I set it up then? I can just google it too again? Thats not a big deal....as long as I can get our internet again! haha.....thanks for you helps....I will let ya know if it works! :-P



Can I connect to 192.168.1.1 if the modem is not hooked to the router? Because it is not working..... :-(I lost my wireless network and don%26039;t know how to get it back? please help ASAP!!?
ok start from the beginning like it was your first time.

test with a wired connection that you have internet.

Enable wifi on router, go ahead and setup wep encryption.



On your laptop, you will need to clear internet cache.

Go to run or search and type: cmd

this will bring up a black screen.



Type the following: ipconfig /flushdns



test if you can see your router. If that doesn't work..



Type the following: ipconfig /release

then type: ipconfig /renew

this will take a couple of minutes to renew. if nothing happens

look for wifi switch on your laptop turn it off, restart laptop, then turn wifi switch back on.



hopefully one of the steps above will get you to see your wifi network.I lost my wireless network and don%26039;t know how to get it back? please help ASAP!!?
It seems like you may have switched off your wireless network's SSID broadcast. That will need to be turned back on, until everyone gets connected with the WEP key.